- 375 g pre-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 150 ml single cream
- 50 g Cheddar cheese
- 100 g cooked higher-welfare ham
- 50 g stilton
- a few sprigs of fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Line a 20cm tart tin with the pastry, prick with a fork and place in the freezer for an hour.
- Line the tart case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Blind bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the cream. Coarsely grate and sprinkle in the Cheddar and shred in the ham. Crumble in the stilton, snip in the sage leaves and season with some black pepper. Mix all together with a fork, and carefully pour into the pastry case.
- Place back in the oven and bake for a further 25 minutes until golden.
Source: Jamie Oliver