- 6 plum tomatoes
- 2 large red onions
- 4 long red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 6 cloves of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
- Halve the tomatoes, quarter the onions (there’s no need to peel them), then place in a roasting tray with the peppers and unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with sea salt and roast for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and blackened all over.
- Transfer the peppers to a wooden chopping board, peel off the skins immediately and discard. Deseed the peppers and cut the flesh into strips before putting into a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and garlic (removing the tough skins first) and any remaining juices from the roasting pan to the bowl with the peppers.
- Add the capers, paprika, 4 tablespoons of oil and the lemon juice, then season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Combine well with your hands and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or cold, drizzled with a little oil.
Source: Jamie Oliver