- 1 small knob of unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 160 g cooked sliced higher-welfare ham
- 2 large free-range eggs
- GREEN CHILLI & HERB SALSA
- 2 small green chillies
- a few sprigs of fresh mixed herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, basil, mint, dill, marjoram, chives
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ½ a lime
- For the salsa, deseed and finely chop the chilli and place in a bowl. Pick, finely chop and add the herbs. Add the oil and vinegar, squeeze in the lime juice and mix together, then set aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the ham slices. Immediately break the eggs over the ham and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Season lightly, then serve immediately with the green chilli and herb salsa drizzled on top.
Source: Jamie Oliver