- 120 g dried chickpeas
- 3 courgettes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g goat’s cheese
- a few sprigs of fresh marjoram
- 1 lemon
- Soak the chickpeas in cold water overnight.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat for about 45 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice the courgettes lengthways. Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the courgettes with oil and chargrill for 1 to 2 minutes each side, until tender.
- Arrange the courgettes on a serving plate, scatter over the chickpeas, crumble over the goat’s cheese and pick over the marjoram.
- Season to taste, drizzle with the remaining oil and serve immediately, with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Source: Jamie Oliver