- 250 g leftover roasted squash
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 30 g Parmesan cheese , plus extra to serve
- 1 large free-range egg
- 280 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 1 whole nutmeg , for grating
- olive oil
- Remove the skin from the roasted squash, then deseed and finely chop the chilli. Pick and finely chop the rosemary leaves, discarding the stalks, and finely grate the Parmesan.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash with a fork, then whisk in the egg, milk and flour. Add the chilli, rosemary, Parmesan and a grating of nutmeg.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and, once hot, add half a ladle of mixture per pancake into the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 mins on each side, until golden and crisp.
- Keep warm in a low oven until ready, then serve with and extra grating of Parmesan and some rocket.
Source: Jamie Oliver