- 2 large leeks (300g)
- 1 large potato (400g)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder , optional
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 400 ml milk
- 200 g frozen peas
- Wash, trim and cut the leek into 1cm rounds. Scrub and dice the potatoes.
- Heat the oil a large pan on a medium heat, add the leek and potatoes and fry for 5 minutes, or until starting to soften.
- Add the bouillon powder (see below). Pour in 400ml water, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Finely chop the parsley, stalks and all. Add the milk, parsley and peas to the pan, then simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until warm through.
- Sieve, blend, mash or leave the soup as is, then serve. For more information on stages of complementary feeding, click here.
If making for a baby, leave out the bouillon powder until after you have taken out your baby’s portion and allow to cool before serving.
Source: Jamie Oliver