- 1 small carrot
- 1 small sweet potato (150g)
- ¼ of an eating apple
- 40 g red lentils
- 6 cauliflower florets (250g)
- Peel and finely dice the carrot and sweet potato. Peel, core and roughly chop the apple.
- Place a medium pan on a medium heat, add the carrot, sweet potato, apple and lentils and 200ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and a splash more water, if needed, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Mash until smooth, with soft lumps, and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with cooked white rice (always cook it fresh). For more information on stages of complementary feeding, click here.
Finger food to serve alongside: cooked green beans
Source: Jamie Oliver