“Lovely lemony chicken legs with crushed new potatoes, all cooked in one tray – it’s such an easy, satisfying dinner and the zingy, herby flavours will bring a bit of sunshine to the table. ”
- 1 lemon
- 4 free-range chicken legs
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- olive oil
- 100 g pitted green olives
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Slice the lemon lengthways into quarters and place in a large roasting tin with the chicken legs, new potatoes and all of the herbs. Toss in 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil, season well and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Carefully squeeze the roasted lemon wedges over everything, squashing down some of the potatoes so they burst – this gives you a bigger surface area so they soak up lots of flavour and get nice and crispy.
- Add the olives, give everything a stir and roast for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve – this is delicious with a handful of watercress on the side.
Source: Jamie Oliver