“The classic combination of tomato and basil makes this simple omelette really sing. ”
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 2 large free-range eggs
- olive oil
- Pick the leaves off the basil and roughly tear them.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half on a chopping board.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- Beat well with a fork until fully combined.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up. Meanwhile…
- Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat up to high.
- Carefully add the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat down to low and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
- Carefully pour in the eggs, then tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
- Using a fork, swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, use a spatula to ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half – when it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
Source: Jamie Oliver