- 400 g undyed smoked haddock , skin off, from sustainable sources
- 2 bunches of spring onions
- 250 g baby spinach
- 150 g Cheddar cheese
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- In a bowl, cover the fish with boiling kettle water. Put aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, trim and roughly chop the spring onions, placing them into a 30cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan on a high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir and fry for 2 minutes, then pile the spinach on top, let it wilt down and turn the heat off.
- Spoon 100ml of the soaking water over the spinach, then drain the fish, break up the pieces and sit them evenly around the pan.
- Finely grate over most of the cheese and season well with black pepper.
- Quickly layer the filo on top, tucking it around the fish and up the sides of the pan, tearing the last sheet on top in a nutty fashion.
- Grate over the last bit of cheese, drizzle with ½ a tablespoon of olive oil, and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Easy as pie!
Source: Jamie Oliver