- ½ butternut squash , (cut lengthways)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 100 g Stilton
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 1 large free-range egg
- 500 g puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Deseed the squash and place on a roasting tray, drizzle with the oil, scatter over the chilli flakes and strip over the thyme leaves. Roast for 45 minutes, or until soft.
- Allow to cool a bit, then spoon out the flesh and discard the skin, then place in a bowl.
- Crumble the Stilton and chop the walnuts, then add to the bowl along with the breadcrumbs. Mix to combine, then set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg. Roll out the puff pastry to 18cm x 60cm, then cut into 2 long thin strips.
- Lay half the squash mix down the centre of each strip and brush the long edges with beaten egg, then fold over lengthways and press together to seal.
- Turn the rolls so the join is underneath, then cut into 5cm pieces and place on baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 35 minutes, till puffed up and golden.
Source: Jamie Oliver