- 2 x 150 g salmon fillets , skin on, scaled, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- 300 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of fresh basil
- 8 black olives , (stone in)
- 30 g higher-welfare chorizo
- Put the salmon flesh side down in a large cold non-stick frying pan and place on a medium-high heat.
- As the pan comes up to temperature and the salmon begins to sizzle (about 3 minutes), flip it over and cook on the skin side for 5 minutes, or until very crisp and just cooked (depending on its thickness).
- Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes, tear up most of the basil leaves, then toss it all with 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Squash the olives and discard the stones, then finely chop the flesh. Mix with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and a splash of water.
- Finely slice the chorizo, add to the pan for the last 2 minutes, then toss in the dressed tomatoes for 30 seconds.
- Divide between your plates, with the salmon on top. Spoon over the dressed olives and pick over the remaining basil.
Source: Jamie Oliver