“In Denmark, kale is eaten as part of a good luck meal on New Year’s Eve. Enjoy this sweet and salty baked snack with a celebratory cocktail. ”
- 12 large whole kale leaves , (200g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Rinse and dry the kale leaves before removing most of the centre stalk, leaving long, thin pieces of kale.
- Toss the kale in the oil, then sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon and ½ tablespoon of sea salt.
- Arrange the leaves in a single layer on a couple of baking trays and bake for 5 minutes, until crisp.
- Transfer the kale to a rack to cool, then serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver