“With minimal ingredients, this recipe couldn’t be easier, and the results are unreal. Puffed up and fluffy once cooked, they act like little sponges to mop up curry sauce. Simply brilliant! ”
- 1 x 400 g tin of light coconut milk
- 450 g self-raising flour , plus extra for dusting
- olive oil
- 30 g unsalted butter
- Pour the coconut milk into a bowl with a pinch of sea salt and add enough flour to create a dough (you might not need it all), bringing it together with your hands.
- On a clean flour-dusted surface, divide into 8 balls, then flatten each into a 10cm round, pushing your fingers into the top to give you a ripple effect. Place on a lightly oiled tray, and cover with a clean damp tea towel until you’re ready to cook.
- Working in batches, drizzle a little oil into a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with some of the butter. Once melted, cook a few dough rounds for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and puffed up, then repeat. Delicious served with my Game-on curry.
Source: Jamie Oliver