“This recipe works with all sorts of greens, and any cheese left on your cheeseboard. A soft variety, such as Brie or Reblochon, works particularly well. ”
- 250 g leftover cooked Brussels sprouts
- 2 handfuls of leftover cooked greens , (100g)
- 1/2 a clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- a few sprigs of fresh dill
- 50 g leftover cheese
- 3 large free-range eggs
- oil , for frying
- Shred the leftover cooked sprouts and greens. Peel and finely chop the garlic, and finely grate the lemon zest. Pick and finely chop the dill.
- Put the shredded sprouts and greens into a bowl. Crumble in the cheese and add the garlic, dill and lemon zest. Add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then mix well.
- Crack in the eggs and mix to combine.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a generous lug of oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully lower in heaped tablespoons of the mixture and flatten them out into little patties.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the egg is beginning to set, then carefully flip and fry on the other side for 2 more minutes, until the egg is completely cooked.
- Halve and serve the lemon on the side for squeezing over.
Source: Jamie Oliver