“Another one to convert doubters, kale has such a different quality when roasted, compared to boiled. It goes crisp and crackly in some parts, and tender in others. An easy side with a subtle Asian flavour. ”
- 500 g kale
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
- Rinse the kale under cold running water and dry the leaves very well, in a salad spinner if you have one. Cut out the centre stalks, then cut the kale into 5cm slices.
- Place the kale on a baking tray and drizzle over the sesame and olive oils, scatter over the sesame seeds and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp at the edges.
Source: Jamie Oliver