“I can’t tell you how much I love these silky little omelettes filled with Mexican-inspired deliciousness. Making and eating them is brilliant fun, and they’re unusually fulfilling for a humble omelette. ”
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 limes
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander , (15g)
- 3 tablespoons fat-free natural yoghurt
- olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- ½ white or green cabbage
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 60 g Cheddar cheese
- Squeeze the avocado flesh into a blender, discarding the stone and skin.
- Squeeze in all the juice from 2 limes, rip in the coriander stalks, add the yoghurt and a splash of oil and whiz until smooth, then season to perfection.
- Peel the onion and carrot. Ideally in a food processor, or using a box grater and good knife skills, grate the onion and carrot, then finely slice the cabbage. Very finely slice the chilli by hand, then tip everything into a large bowl.
- Add most of the coriander leaves, then pour over the avocado dressing and toss together well. Taste and season to perfection again, if needed.
- Whisk all the eggs together in a bowl, with a splash of water to loosen and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-low heat. Once fairly hot, put in a tiny drizzle of oil followed by a quarter of the egg mixture.
- Swirl it all around the pan, grate over a quarter of the cheese and let it melt, then cook the omelette gently without colouring it, so it’s soft, silky and smooth, for just under 2 minutes, only cooking on one side.
- Slide it on to a plate, spoon over a quarter of the avocado slaw, then gently fold up the sides and roll over. Serve with a wedge of lime and a few extra coriander leaves.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, serving them up as you go.
Source: Jamie Oliver