“With little bombs of feta and corn in the batter, this pimped up version of my one-cup pancakes is a breakfast hit. ”
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- sea salt
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 corn on the cob
- 20 g feta cheese
- 8 rashers higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- 1 ripe avocado
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes
- 6 tablespoons fat-free natural yoghurt
- hot chilli sauce
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Place the flour, milk and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Crack in the egg and whisk well to a smooth batter. Carefully slice the corn kernels off the cob, then stir into the batter. Crumble in the feta and give it a final stir.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the bacon and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp, turning halfway. Meanwhile, halve and destone the avocado. Slice each half into four wedges and peel away the skin. Season with salt and pepper, grate over a little lime zest and squeeze some lime juice on top.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate, then return the pan to a medium heat. Once hot, use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan – each ladleful will make 1 pancake, so you can make about 2 at a time. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles start to show on the top, then use a fish slice to flip them over and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Divide the pancakes between 4 plates, top each with 2 pieces of avocado and 2 rashers of bacon. Drizzle over a little yoghurt and chilli sauce, grate over a little more lime zest and pick a few coriander leaves on top, then tuck in.
Source: Jamie Oliver