“Squash a few of these crisp, golden babies on your plate and top with a lamb shank and some of the leek and wine broth. They’re just as delicious with roast chicken or a whole baked fish. ”
- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 4.
- Peel and halve the potatoes, cut the lemons into wedges and bash the coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- Parboil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes, until soft around outsides. Drain well and let steam-dry for 1 minute.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a tray in the oven for a couple of minutes, then throw in the potatoes, lemon wedges, bashed coriander seeds and oregano.
- Season well with salt and pepper and toss until the potatoes are well coated in the oil.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 45 to 60 minutes, turning every so often, until beautifully golden on all sides.
Source: Jamie Oliver