- 4 onions
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- 1 small knob of unsalted butter
- olive oil
- 250 ml white wine
- 300 ml organic chicken or vegetable stock
- Peel and very finely slice the onions. Pick and finely slice the sage.
- Gently fry the onions in the butter and a splash of oil and cook slowly for about 40 minutes, until they’re sticky and dark golden.
- Add the wine and reduce by half, then add the sage and stock. Bring to the boil, then season to taste.
- Delicious served poured over bangers and mash.
Source: Jamie Oliver