“Mighty chickpeas are high in protein, fibre and more than 10 different micronutrients, including a hefty amount of the mineral copper, keeping our hair and skin nice and healthy ”
- 1 x 660 g jar of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ a clove of garlic
- ½ a lemon
- This recipe requires you to hunt out a jar of really good-quality chickpeas – they have much better flavour, so will guarantee an amazing result. Tip the jar of chickpeas, juice and all, into a blender.
- Add the tahini, yoghurt and a pinch of cayenne pepper, then peel and add the garlic.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, then blitz until smooth.
- Taste and season to perfection, then serve with an extra sprinkling of cayenne.
- Pair a portion of houmous with 80g of raw seasonal crunchy veg crudités for a great snack.
Source: Jamie Oliver