- 500 g ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 200 g olives
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas
- 4 free-range chicken legs
- olive oil
- 1.5 litres organic chicken stock
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 200 g baby potatoes
- Halve any large tomatoes, then peel and finely slice the garlic. Peel and chop the onion, stone the olives, and pick and roughly chop the parsley. Drain the chickpeas.
- In a large pan, brown the chicken in a little oil. Drain off any excess fat, then add the tomatoes, stock and garlic.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, then add all the other ingredients. Cook on a low heat for a further 30 minutes.
- Before serving, shred the chicken from the bone and add it back to the pan, discarding the bones and skin, then season to taste.
- Delicious served with garlic mayo and a chunk of crusty bread.
Source: Jamie Oliver