- 200 g wholegrain spelt flour , plus extra to dust
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ½ tesapoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 100 ml buttermilk
- 1 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 shallot
- quality smoked salmon , from sustainable sources
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 50 g rocket
- 2 teaspoons baby capers
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sea salt and sugar in a bowl. Beat the buttermilk, oil, egg and 100ml water together, then mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- On a dusted surface, roll the dough out to 1cm thick.
- Peel and finely dice the shallot.
- Bake on a dusted baking tray for 15 minutes, then remove and top with the chopped shallot and the remaining ingredients. Serve with a good pinch of pepper, and the lemon wedge on the side for squeezing over.
Source: Jamie Oliver