- ½ a butternut squash , (500g)
- 1 small onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tinned or frozen sweetcorn , (sugar- and salt-free)
- ½ x 400 g tin of coconut milk
- Peel, deseed and dice the butternut squash, and peel and finely chop the onion and carrot. Cook the squash in boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium pan on a medium heat, add the onion and carrot, then fry for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the squash, 150ml water and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on. Next, add the sweetcorn and coconut milk, replace the lid and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the veg is soft. Allow to cool, then chop or mash to the desired consistency. For more information on stages of complementary feeding, click here.
- Finger food:
Pieces of boiled potato
Source: Jamie Oliver