- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 50 g plain flour
- 450 g whitebait, from sustainable sources
- a few sprigs of fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons free-range mayjonnaise
- 1 lemon
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or pan to 200ºC.
- Crush the fennel seeds in a pestle and mortar, then combine with the flour and season.
- Working in batches, coat the fish in the flour mixture then very carefully fry for 3 minutes, or until golden and cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Pick and finely chop the dill, then combine with the mayonnaise, and season.
- Serve the fish with dill mayo and lemon wedges.
Source: Jamie Oliver