“This is a lovely light starter with fantastic sweet, salty and creamy flavours ”
- 6 peaches
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 X 125 g balls of buffalo mozzarella
- 12 slices of Parma ham
- 1 lemon
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g rocket
- a few sprigs of fresh mint , leaves picked
- Fire up the oven an hour or so before you’re ready to cook. When the temperature has reached between 180°C and 200°C (check with your thermometer) and the smoke and flames have died down, you can start cooking. Always keep an eye on the fire and top up the heat source, if needed.
- Halve and destone the peaches, then lie them cut-side up in a snug-fitting roasting tray. Drizzle with oil, slide into the hot oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until charred and sticky. Keep an eye on them and rotate the tray for even cooking.
- Place two peach halves on each serving plate. Pop a small chunk of mozzarella and a slice of Parma ham over each one. Squeeze the lemon juice into a jam jar and add three times as much oil, season with salt and pepper and shake well. Place the rocket and mint leaves in a bowl, drizzle with the dressing, then scatter the leaves over the peaches. Serve straight away.
Source: Jamie Oliver