“Pea shoots are full of flavour and delicious with the fresh, sweet raw peas and bitter radicchio ”
- 4 handfuls fresh podded peas
- 3 handfuls pea shoots or rocket and baby spinach
- 1 radicchio , finely sliced
- 2 lemons , juice of
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 80 g pecorino or Parmesan
- A lot of people don’t realise that pea shoots are the best part of the pea plant to eat. They make a wonderful salad ‘leaf’. If you can’t get hold of them, then use a mixture of rocket and baby spinach leaves instead.
- Also, the point of this salad is that you use fresh, raw peas. If you can’t get them, then make a different salad.
- Add your peas and pea shoots to a bowl with the radicchio. Add the lemon juice and three times as much extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the salad between your plates and crumble over the cheese. So simple, but so delicious!
Source: Jamie Oliver