“Thanks to this easy recipe, even if you’re gluten intolerant, you’ll never have to go without again. ”
- 325 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 450 g gluten-free brown bread flour , plus extra for dusting
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 1½ x 7g sachet dried yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Warm the milk in a small pan over a low heat, then leave to cool slightly. Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the vinegar, then gradually stir in the warm milk until combined.
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in another bowl, then, using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until it forms a sticky dough. Add the olive oil, then bring it together with your hands into a ball, adding a little flour if it’s too sticky.
- Place onto a lightly oiled baking tray, cover with a damp tea towel, then leave to prove in a warm place for around 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Once risen, place the tray in the hot oven and bake for around 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Leave to cool slightly on a wire cooling rack, then slice and serve. Delicious with hearty stews and soups, or toasted and served hot with butter and jam.
Source: Jamie Oliver