“This little green salad might be simple, but it’s got some amazing, complex flavours going on ”
- ½ a bulb of fennel
- 1 handful of rocket
- 1 handful of dandelion , leaves
- 1 handful of watercress
- 1 handful of baby chard
- 4 spears of asparagus
- 1 handful of fresh chervil or parsley leaves
- 1 lemon oil or Creamy French dressing
- Trim the fennel bulb, reserving the herby tops, and finely slice it. Wash and dry your rocket, dandelion, watercress and baby chard leaves.
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus spears (they will break naturally at exactly the right point) and discard them. Holding the base of the asparagus, finely slice each spear with a speed peeler into thin slivers.
- Put the asparagus shavings in a bowl with the sliced fennel, the reserved fennel tops and all the salad leaves and herbs. Add some of your favourite dressing – I love this Creamy French dressing – and toss together well so everything gets coated – that’s it; fancy but easy!
Source: Jamie Oliver