“I love the flavour and texture combos in this colourful salad – try it with your favourite dressing ”
- 1 handful of fine green beans
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 1 cos lettuce
- ½ cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 heart celery , yellow leaves reserved
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley , leaves picked
- Top your green beans, leaving the tails on. Blanch the beans in boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, then drain and leave them to one side to cool down. Meanwhile tear, wash and dry the leaves of your little gem and cos lettuce. Peel your cucumber and carrot. Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, and remove and discard the inner core. Finely slice the cucumber and carrot. Finely slice the celery heart lengthways.
- To serve, mix all the ingredients together, add enough of your favourite dressing to coat and toss together, making sure that everything is dressed nicely.
Source: Jamie Oliver