“These sage-roasted potatoes with orange peel and garlic are a great way to add flavour to a roast ”
- 2 kg King Edward potatoes
- 2 oranges
- 1 big bunch of fresh sage
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons goose fat or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into large chunks, roughly the size of a golf ball.
- Parboil the potatoes in a pan of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes, then drain in a colander, shaking it to chuff up the edges.
- Meanwhile, peel long strips of peel from the oranges using a speed-peeler, and pick the sage leaves.
- Place the goose fat or oil into a large roasting tray (you may need to use 2 trays) on the hob over a low heat, add the unpeeled garlic, orange peel and sage leaves, then fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the spuds and toss together until well coated.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 45 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Source: Jamie Oliver