“This flavour-packed celeriac salad is absolutely amazing with smoked salmon or roast chicken ”
- 1 celeriac , peeled
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 anchovies , finely chopped
- 2 heaped tablespoons capers , finely chopped
- 2 heaped tablespoons small sweet and sour gherkins , finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons fat free natural yoghurt
- 1 heaped tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sherry, red or white wine vinegar
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Once you’ve peeled the celeriac, chuck away the skin and then carry on peeling around it, giving you long ribbons. If they break every now and again it doesn’t matter. Continue until you reach the fluffy tasteless inner core, which you should throw away. Remove and discard the chunky stalks from the parsley, then finely slice the thinner stalks and roughly chop the leaves.
- Put your celeriac and parsley into a large bowl and mix together with all the other ingredients. Season to taste, adding a little more vinegar if need be, then serve straight away.
- Try this: Put some of this salad on a plate, then cover it completely with some smoked salmon and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Or this: Roast a nice chicken. Allow it to cool and serve with this salad.
Source: Jamie Oliver