- 400 g free-range chicken breast strips
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander , (15g)
- 8 corn tortilla wraps
- 1 large handful of mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh red chilli
- a few sprigs of coriander
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 limes
- To Serve:
- chunky tomato salsa
- fat-free natural yoghurt
- Add the chicken strips to a bowl with a lug of olive oil, the paprika and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Toss to coat, then leave to one side.
- Peel and finely slice the onions, deseed and finely slice the peppers and pick the coriander leaves, discarding the stalks.
- Place a large frying pan on a high heat, add a splash of olive oil, the onion and capsicums and cook for around 5 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole. Roughly chop the cherry tomatoes. Deseed and finely chop the chilli, then finely chop a handful of the coriander leaves. Halve and destone the avocados, then squeeze the flesh onto a board, discarding the skins and stones. Squeeze over the juice of 1 to 2 limes (depending how juicy they are), then chop and mash everything together. Season to taste, adding a squeeze more of lime juice if you think it needs it.
- Once the chicken is golden and cooked through, season to taste, then scatter over the remaining coriander leaves.
- Warm the wraps according to packet instructions, then take to the table along with the chicken and veg, guacamole and bowls of fresh chunky tomato salsa and yoghurt so everyone can build their own.
For a super-quick salsa, roughly chop a handful of Solanato tomatoes with a little red onion and some fresh red chilli, then mix with a lug of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lime juice. Delicious!
Source: Jamie Oliver