“A beautifully bright salad full of interesting textures and packed with vitamin C. ”
- 300 g carrots , peeled
- 150 g radishes
- 2 crunchy eating apples
- 1 small handful raisins or sultanas
- 1 handful fresh parsley , roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh mint , roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds , toasted in the oven
- First of all, finely slice your carrots into matchstick-sized batons. Finely slice your radishes – you can leave a little of the tops on if you like. Quarter your apples, remove the cores and finely slice. Add all these to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, apart from the sesame seeds. Toss together, carefully checking the seasoning, and serve with the sesame seeds sprinkled over the top. Eat straight away.
- Try this: Turn it into a warm salad by adding some pan-seared chicken, prawns or scallops which have been dusted with a little paprika.
- And this: Make it more of a snack by frying some halloumi cheese until golden with some chopped fresh chilli and crumbling this over the top.
- Or this: Grill some pitta bread and serve stuffed with the Crunch Salad. Crumble in some feta cheese too. Lovely.
Source: Jamie Oliver