“For the tasty, tender wings, marinate overnight and bring them to room temperature before cooking. Char them on the barbecue for an extra smoky hit. ”
- 24 higher-welfare chicken wings
- Ginger and honey marinade
- 5 spring onions
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 5 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions and chilli, placing them into a bowl with the honey and soy sauce. Peel, then grate in the ginger, and pick in the thyme leaves. Mix well.
- Place the chicken sings in a single layer in a wide, shallow, non-reactive dish. Pour or brush over the marinade, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
- Cook the wings on a hot barbecue or griddle pan for 15 to 20 minutes, or until dark and the juices run clear, turning often. If cooking on a griddle, finish the wings in the oven at 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 for 10 to 15 minutes to make sure they’re cooked through.
Source: Jamie Oliver