“This super-fresh, really fast guacamole recipe is brilliant for rustling up when mates come round ”
- 2-3 fresh green chillies , to taste
- 2 limes
- 3 avocados
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 lugs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch fresh thyme , leaves picked
- These tasty, crispy tortillas with guacamole are superb for snacking on while you’re watching telly. It’s all quick and easy to rustle up.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Meanwhile, remove and discard the seeds from the chillies, squeeze the juice from the limes, peel the avocados, remove the stone and chop them and roughly chop the fresh coriander.
- To make the guacamole, mash or blend the chillies, lime juice, avocado and coriander until creamy but a bit chunky. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and pour into a serving dish. Brush the tortillas with the oil, season, and then sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Lay them on a baking tray – don’t overlap them too much – and bake for 5 minutes until golden brown, then leave them to cool. Break into wedges if you like, and serve the crispy tortillas with the guacamole.
Source: Jamie Oliver