“This cheesy potato and celeriac gratin is an easy-to-make treat and absolutely lovely with fish ”
- 1 kg potatoes , peeled and sliced into 1cm slices
- 1 large celeriac , peeled and sliced into 1cm slices
- 1 onion , peeled and finely sliced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and finely chopped
- 75 g Cheddar cheese , grated
- 600 ml double cream
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley , leaves picked, stalks roughly chopped
- This is a deliciously indulgent veggie side that’s super quick to get in the oven and absolutely brilliant served with just about any meat or white fish, like cod or haddock.
Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Place the potatoes, celeriac and onion in an earthenware-type baking dish. Season generously. Add the garlic, ¾ of the cheese, the cream and the parsley stalks.
- With a spoon, move everything around to mix all the flavours. Sprinkle over the extra cheese, and bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until tender and golden. Sprinkle over the parsley leaves.
- I like to leave the gratin in the dish, pop it in the middle of the table and tuck in!
Source: Jamie Oliver