“This is my twist on a classic French peas recipe – it’s super quick, easy and totally delicious ”
- 1 knob of butter
- olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon flour
- 285 ml organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 spring onions , trimmed, outer leaves discarded, and finely sliced
- 400 g fresh or frozen peas
- 2 little gem lettuces , sliced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon , juice of
- good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Slowly heat the butter and a good lug of olive oil in a pan. Add the flour and stir around, then slowly pour in the stock. Turn up the heat and add the spring onions, peas and lettuce with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Taste, correct the seasoning and squeeze in a little lemon juice. Serve drizzled with a splash of good oil. It’s fantastic served with a piece of fish.
Source: Jamie Oliver