“This is one of the simplest salads ever, tastes amazing and looks like you’ve made a real effort! ”
- 1 small lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag rocket , washed
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 small handful pea shoots , optional
- 2 red apples , quartered, cored and finely sliced
- 2 small beetroot , scrubbed (not peeled) and very finely sliced (if you have leaves, reserve them)
- 2 small candy beetroot , (or use all red if you can’t find candy) scrubbed (not peeled) and very finely sliced (if you have leaves, reserve them)
- 1 small bunch fresh marjoram , leaves picked
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a clean jam jar. Add three times the amount of extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then screw the lid on and shake to emulsify.
- Add the rocket, watercress, pea shoots, apples, beetroot and beetroot leaves, if you have them, to a large bowl. Drizzle over enough dressing to completely coat the ingredients, add the marjoram, toss again and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver