“The humble jacket potato skin gets a delicious makeover with an Italian blue cheese filling ”
- 12 small floury potatoes
- 2 big handfuls fresh wild rocket , washed and dried
- 150 g Gorgonzola cheese , roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- pieces mustard fruit in syrup , roughly chopped, to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Rub each potato with a little olive oil, then place in a large baking dish. Bake for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are golden and tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Leave the oven on.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half, then use a teaspoon to scoop out the middle into a bowl – leave a bit of potato around the edges so the baked potato keeps its shape. Mash the potato with a fork. Chop half the rocket, then add to the potato with the Gorgonzola. Season with pepper (the Gorgonzola will provide the salt) and mix together. Spoon back into the potato skins.
- Place the potato skins on a couple of baking trays and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, to warm through and melt the cheese. Transfer to a serving plate and top with the remaining rocket dressed with extra virgin olive oil. Add a little blob of chopped mustard fruit, if using. Serve while still warm.
Mustard fruits are available in most Italian delis. They’re just like glacé fruits but are flavoured with mustard – great with cheese.
Source: Jamie Oliver