“These intense, earthy baked mushrooms are lovely on toasted ciabatta or with a simple rocket salad ”
- 8 large flat mushrooms
- 1 bunch spring onions , trimmed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic , peeled and finely chopped
- a few sprigs fresh thyme , leaves picked
- 250 g Taleggio cheese , thinly sliced
- 2 thick slices bread , made into breadcrumbs
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- 4 handfuls rocket , washed and dried
- 1 lemon , juice of
- extra virgin olive oil
- These mushrooms have an interesting meaty texture and gutsy flavour. Topped with Taleggio cheese and fresh herbs, it’s a match made in heaven. Go on, tuck in!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Lay the mushrooms on a large baking tray and sprinkle with the onions, garlic and thyme. Top the mushrooms with the slices of Taleggio. Toss together the breadcrumbs and the parsley and sprinkle over the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven until breadcrumbs are brown and the mushrooms are cooked through. Meanwhile, dress the rocket with the lemon juice and some olive oil. Serve the mushrooms with the dressed rocket.
- P.S. They’re great on toasted ciabatta too!
Source: Jamie Oliver