“The acidity of the vinegar cuts through the sweetness of the parsnips beautifully here, and the combo of bay and honey adds a real festive feel. For the best results, don’t peel them. ”
- 1.5 kg medium parsnips
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon white or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Scrub the parsnips, then blanch whole in a large pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and steam dry.
- Tip into a large roasting tray, dot over the butter and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, toss to coat and arrange in a single layer, then roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the tray from the oven, quickly scatter over the bay leaves and drizzle with the vinegar and honey, then toss together and roast for a final 10 minutes, or until beautifully golden.
Source: Jamie Oliver