“For this anchovy pizza it’s all about the quality of the anchovies, so buy the best you can find ”
- 4 anchovy fillets
- ½ fresh red chilli , sliced
- 1 heaped teaspoon small capers , rinsed if salty
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon , zest and juice of
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 50 g mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Make sure you get hold of good-quality tinned Spanish anchovies for this, otherwise it’s not worth making it.
Recipe for pizza dough and tomato sauce can be found here.
- Cut the anchovy fillets in half lengthways and add to a bowl with the sliced chilli – feel free to use as much as you like – the capers, a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the lemon zest. Squeeze over a little lemon juice as well and mix up. Let the anchovies sit in the marinade for 15 minutes. Smear the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza base and scatter torn-up pieces of mozzarella over the top. Evenly lay over the anchovy fillets, scatter over the capers and chilli, and sprinkle with a little parsley and seasoning. Drizzle with the leftover marinating oil and cook until crisp and golden.
Source: Jamie Oliver