- 400 g lamb shoulder , bone out
- 2 large onions
- 2 large aubergines , (800g total)
- 2 tablespoons rogan josh curry paste
- 200 g natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Put a large shallow casserole pan on a high heat.
- Dice the lamb into 3cm chunks and place in the pan, fat-side down.
- Peel the onions, dice with the aubergines to the same size as the lamb, then stir into the pan.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, stir in the curry paste and 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, then transfer to the oven for 1 hour, or until tender, stirring halfway and loosening with a splash of water, if needed.
- Taste the curry, season to perfection, ripple through the yoghurt, drizzle over ½ a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, hit it with lots of black pepper, and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver