- 6 lamb chops , French-trimmed (600g in total)
- 200 g mixed-colour baby heritage carrots
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 oranges
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme (15g)
- Score the fat of the lamb chops, season them with sea salt and black pepper, then line them up, like a rack, and sit them together fat edges down in a large shallow casserole pan on a medium-high heat. Leave for 5 minutes to render and crisp up.
- Trim and add the whole baby carrots (halving any larger ones) and the unpeeled garlic cloves alongside, turning the carrots regularly.
- Gently turn the chops on to their sides, to cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden, but still pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, use a speed-peeler to peel strips of zest from 1 orange. Sprinkle them into the pan with the thyme sprigs, and toss it all together for just 30 seconds to get the flavours going.
- Remove the chops to a plate to rest, then squeeze the juice from all 3 oranges into the pan. Let the juice bubble and reduce until sticky, quickly toss the lamb back in with its resting juices, then hey presto, time to dish up.
Source: Jamie Oliver