“A few nips and tucks here and there and my basic bread recipe makes these incredible flatbreads ”
- 1 batch basic bread dough
- plain flour , for dusting
- olive oil
- a few sprigs fresh rosemary , leaves picked
- sea salt
- Follow my basic bread recipe through steps 1 to 4. After the dough has doubled in size, you need to knock the air out of it by bashing it around for a minute. Now it’s ready to be transformed into pizzas or flatbreads.
- Tear off chunks of the dough and roll out your bread, shaping into slightly irregular oval shape rounds, about 0.5cm thick.
- Oil the grill on the barbie, then lay the flatbreads on top of the grill and cook them for about 3 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 3 minutes until they are golden brown, crispy and slightly charred – this’ll give them a real barbecued flavour.
- Take the flatbreads off the barbie. Mix a couple of lugs of olive oil with the rosemary leaves and brush (or drizzle) over the hot breads. Sprinkle with salt and serve straight away while still warm.
Source: Jamie Oliver