“Store any leftover salt beef in the broth – this will intensify the flavour and prevent the beef becoming dry. ”
- 1.6 kg kosher brined beef brisket
- 2 onions
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 6 pink or black peppercorns
- Place the brisket in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Peel and quarter the onions, then add to the pan with the bay and peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a low heat and simmer for 2 to 2 hours 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Carefully remove the brisket to a board, then slice up and serve warm with Yorkies and steamed greens.
Serve any leftover salt beef in bagels, with lashings of mustard and pickled cucumber – delicious!
Source: Jamie Oliver