“Anchovies and tomatoes are a match made in heaven in this summery pasta dish – with tuna and a zesty hit of lemon thrown in, you will love it! ”
- 200 g bucatini
- sea salt
- 1 large clove of garlic , peeled
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 4 ripe cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 180 g tin of quality tuna in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baby capers , rinsed
- 1/2 lemon , juice from
- 100 g wild rocket , washed
- Cook the bucatini in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, finely slice the garlic and chilli, then roughly chop the anchovies and tomatoes. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil (use the oil from the tin of tuna for added flavour, if you can) in a frying pan over a medium heat, then add the garlic, chilli, anchovies and capers. Fry for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and toss well.
- Reserving some of the cooking water, drain the bucatini and add to the sauce. Toss well over the heat until lovely and glossy, adding a splash of the cooking water to loosen, if needed. Flake in the tuna, then add some lemon juice and most of the rocket. Toss well to warm the tuna through and wilt the rocket, then season carefully with salt and more lemon juice. Serve with a drizzle of oil, and a scattering of the reserved rocket.
Source: Jamie Oliver