“Fresh fruit isn’t the only way to make a crumble, in fact frozen fruit is a gamechanger – try it and see for yourself. ”
- 1 kg mixed frozen berries and cherries
- 100 g sugar , (I used a mixture of golden caster, soft brown and demerara)
- ½ an orange
- 50 g unsalted butter , (cold)
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6
- Tip the frozen berries into a saucepan with half the sugar and place on a medium heat.
- Squeeze in the juice of half an orange and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the fruit has softened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, cube the butter and place in a mixing bowl with the flour. Rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the almonds and remaining sugar.
- Transfer the berry mixture to a 25cm x 30cm baking dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and crunchy. Delicious served with vanilla ice cream.
Source: Jamie Oliver