“This almond- and herb-coated lamb gives a twist to your Sunday roast ”
- 750 g rhubarb
- 6 tablespoons runny honey
- olive oil
- 75 g whole or flaked almonds
- 1 bunch of fresh mixed herbs , such as parsley, mint or chives
- 1 handful of breadcrumbs
- 2 racks of lamb
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Slice the rhubarb into 5cm pieces and place in a roasting tray. Drizzle over the honey and a good lug of oil, mix well, then spread out evenly over the pan.
- Blitz the almonds in a food processor with the herb leaves, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in the breadcrumbs and season.
- Using a sharp knife, score the fat on the lamb, rub in the mustard, then pat on the breadcrumb mix.
- Place the lamb on the rhubarb, drizzle with oil and cook for 22 to 35 minutes for medium, or a further 5 to 10 minutes for well done.
- Rest for 5 to 10 minutes, then carve into cutlets and serve with the rhubarb.
Source: Jamie Oliver